Prime Rib Roast
Prime Rib Roast Instructions
- Season your roast with your favorite spice blend.
- Place on a rack, fat side up, and place it in a shallow pan.
- Add approximately ½ inch of water to the bottom of the pan (Do not cover).
- Cook at 350 degrees for the first 30 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 220 – 250 degrees. Cook for about 3 ½ hours.
- Roast should be cooked to an internal temperature of 140 degrees (will continue to cook after removed from oven – usually about 5 degrees).
- Remove from oven when ready to serve and carve to desired thickness. Place slices in the juices in the pan to keep the meat warm and moist.
**Times are based on a 10–12-pound roast and cooking times may vary.